How to set boundaries
Whenever we do something new, we want to see results right away. But whether that thing is to start a podcast, a business, or something like finding success with time management, it doesn’t work that way. It’s not as simple as saying “This is what I want to do!” and watching the results come in.
It’s a process. This goal-setting thing takes a lot of trial and error. Why? Because there’s no one-size-fits-all journey to getting there. And that’s exactly what my guest, Erik Fischer, and I, are talking about in this episode!
Meet Erik Fischer
Erik Fischer is a full-time brand manager with a roster full of clients who also happens to be the host of one of my personal favorite podcasts, Beyond the To-Do List! He’s been hosting this weekly show for more than a decade — wow!
And as I’m sure you can imagine, that takes quite a workload to make happen. And it didn’t happen overnight. He says when he first set out to do the show, it didn’t exactly pan out the way he had hoped.
But now? He’s got a successful career, podcast, and is a guest on numerous other shows.
So how does he do it? He says it’s all about learning through the journey, about finding productivity through the process — multiple processes — and lots of trial and error. Basically — you need to be flexible to find success with time management!
In the show, we go into more detail about that, plus:
- Erik’s journey to finding podcasting and productivity
- Why being flexible on that journey is so important
- How to find lessons along each step of your own journey
- Listen to Erik’s show, Beyond the To-Do List: https://www.beyondthetodolist.com/
- Check out Erik on Instagram at erikjfisher
- Episode 44: Get More Done With Multitasking. Just Kidding! Multitasking Is A Lie! 5 Strategies For Being More Focused Than Ever. (Anna’s Shiny Things List): https://annadkornick.com/44/
- Episode 117: Can You Become A Morning Person?: https://annadkornick.com/morning-person/
- Daniel Pink’s Nappuccino Method: https://www.danpink.com/resource/nappuccino-a-scientific-5-step-guide-to-the-perfect-nap/
Subscribe & Review In Apple Podcasts
If you’re enjoying It’s About Time so far, I hope you’ll take a moment to subscribe if you haven’t yet – I don’t want you to miss an episode! Click here to subscribe on iTunes.
If you really like what you hear, I’d be so grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Your review plays a HUGE role in helping others find out about It’s About Time. And honestly, they’re really fun for me to read! Click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you’re loving about It’s About Time. Thank you!!