Time management MUST rely on heart— aka leaning into your values to make time management strategies work for you…not just relying on the latest book or calendar or app or whatever. If you’re relying on these things to carry you through, it’s going to be really tough to make habits stick.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use time management tools at all! I do think there are loads of valuable tools out there to help you along that journey — calendars, timers, books, etc. And they can be absolutely amazing if you’ve done the hard work of figuring out what’s most important to you FIRST.
Like the books I’m sharing with you today — they can help you design your own version of time management and work/life balance, one that works for YOU.
Add these time management books to your reading list
The important thing to remember is that you should most definitely NOT copy and paste these strategies into your life. There are some really great ones in the books I mention in this episode, but they’re only going to work if they are tweaked to fit your priorities.
But don’t worry, I’ve only picked books for this list that allow you to do that! They wouldn’t have made it to this list if they didn’t.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- My top 6 favorite time management/time management adjacent reads
- How these books have helped me AND my clients work through time management struggles
- One very special surprise (you have to listen to the end to find out what it is!)
- 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey
- Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel Pink
- Time Management Essentials by Anna Dearmon Kornick
Subscribe & Review In Apple Podcasts
If you really like what you hear, I’d be so grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Your review plays a HUGE role in helping others find out about It’s About Time. And honestly, they’re really fun for me to read! Click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what you’re loving about It’s About Time. Thank you!!
- 5 Life Lessons I’ve Learned About Time Management, Productivity And Work/Life Balance From Recording 50 Episodes Of It’s About Time
- Why Traditional Time Management Theories Aren’t Working For You
- Back To Basics: The Three Time Management Strategies Everyone Should Be Using (For More Productivity And Better Work/Life Balance)